'A Discipline of Joy'
ADVENT LUNCHES AND DISCUSSION GROUP
These will take place in the Hall on Wednesday 04 December and 11 and 18 December. Lunches will consist of homemade soup, a roll and a cup of tea or coffee. They will be served after 12.15 Mass and all are welcome. A donation towards the cost would be welcome. The Discussion Group will follow on from the lunch and will be studying the book 'Journeying towards Jesus in Advent' by Fr Denis McBride.
CELEBRATE THE SEASON OF ADVENT
Advent is a season of
1) Hopeful longing
2) Joyful expectation
3) Prayerful penance
4) Spiritual preparation
A virtual Advent Calendar will be launched on the first Sunday of Advent by the priests of the Norbertine Order from St Michael's Abbey in California. Check out www.theabbotscircle.com/advent-calendar-signup to join in.
How can we prepare for Christmas?
1. Celebrate the Sacrament of penance. Confession is a good way of preparing room in our hearts for Christ.
2. Go to Mass every Holy Day of Obligation.
3. Anticipate with an Advent calendar.
5. Listen to Advent music. Why not 'Google' and check out Advent playlists.
6. Read the lives of the saints we celebrate in Advent - St Nicholas, St Lucy etc.
7. Create a manger in your home for the Christ Child by adding a piece of straw for every good deed.
8. Adopt a new tradition to add to your family celebrations.
9. Clear the clutter and donate to charity.
10. Put at least one religious decoration on the Christmas tree before you bless it.
an Advent Season filled with joy.